Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - THE NEWSROOM

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:43 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Hollyoaks stars Ashley Taylor Dawson and Jessica Fox have joked that they are more mature than their on-screen parents.

Ashley, who plays Darren Osborne and Jessica, who stars as his wife Nancy, reckon they look after Jimmy McKenna and Helen Pearson, who play Darren's dad and stepmum Jack and Frankie.

"We're the mum and dad, they're just the crazy little kids!" Ashley - who is father to 21-month-old Buddy in real life - said.

"We're the mature ones," Jessica joked.

The soap stars recently filmed a spoof mini episode of Hollyoaks set in The Dog In The Pond pub, on behalf of subscription-free TV service YouView.

"It was really good fun because we had the whole family together and we're all mad as a bag of frogs, so you put us all together on set and get us to be silly. It's a recipe for chaos," Jessica said.

The pair also revealed they aren't very much like their characters - although they wouldn't mind going for a drink with them.

"There are definitely attributes of Nancy that I can relate to and I think the longer you're in the show, they sort of write to you to some degree or to your strengths anyway," Jessica said.

"But I hope I'm not too much like Nancy because she's a right old bossy boots and she's not always that fun. I don't know if I'd be able to be friends with Nancy because she's so demanding, but I'd like to think if you got a drink in her she'd be a good laugh."

Ashley added: "I like the fun side of Darren, and he's a bit of a laugh. I would like to think I wouldn't make the same mistakes that he does again and again and again. I think that's part of acting, you add part of yourself into the character and draw from your own experiences, I'd hate to think we were too similar."
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/dawson-im-real ... 48567.html

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - THE NEWSROOM