Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:21 am 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

Hope you all enjoy :crossfingers: :cool2: Carly x

The driver turned off the purring engine as a banging noise vibrated through the bus.

“Mister McQueen. So glad you could make it. Take a seat quickly.”

Sniggers erupted from the usual suspects amongst them Sonny Valentine and Justin Burton, as John-Paul shuffled down the aisle. The only vacant seat happened to be at the very back next to Craig, whom it appeared was doing his best to ignore him, as a result of his obvious unwelcome outburst at Hannah’s eighteenth birthday party last weekend.

“Can I…?”
“I guess.”
“Craig I just wanted –”
“No. Not now. Why didn’t you…in fact I don’t want to know.”
“Craig, talk to me please?”
“Not here.”

Craig’s ears pricked up at the mutterings and his eyes widened in shock, he looked like a dear caught in car headlights. Normally this would have softened John-Paul’s resolve, but on this occasion he felt incensed.

“Are you embarrassed by me?” John-Paul fought, but failed miserably to keep the resentment from slipping into his tone.

“No. No I just…give me a chance. You can’t drop a bomb like this and then run.”

They sat in a companionable silence for several minuets, before Craig developed the courage to finally ask the obvious question.

“How do you know?”
“What, that I am gay?”
“Shhhh. Yes how do you know?”
“It has taken me a while, but I think my feelings towards Hannah are a big clue. I guess on some level I have always known.”
“And am I…you know?”
“You are the first guy I have ever felt this strongly for.”
“So how can you be sure? I mean do you love Han?”
“Don’t Craig.”
“Well what about me?”
“What about you?”
“You said…you said that you love me.”
“I…I do.”
“So then you must know about Hannah.”
“Craig, please. None of this comes with a manual. What do you want me to say? You’re my straight best mate. I’m not supposed to fall in love with you.”
“I know, but…God John-Paul I just want to go back. I thought we could tell one another anything.”
“We can and I will tell you about this, just give me some time.”
“You have the next two days.”
“I didn’t mean that. When I get my head together I will explain. But you’re right I shouldn’t have…at Han’s party.”
“No John-Paul you just shouldn’t have run away.”
“I’m sorry. I just wasn’t ready for any of that.”
“What and I was? You will have to learn to trust me though.”
“I know. So, this trips gonna be fun isn’t it?”
“Great change of topic.”
“Thanks I thought so too.”

Luckily at that moment the bus ground to a rather bumpy halt, so they were distracted from making further uncomfortable small talk.

Mr Anderson bellowed from the front.

“Guys and girls listen up. We have some ground rules. The main one being that all rooms are shared by same sex couples.”“That will suite McQueen then.” Sonny whispered none too subtly, so the whole bus heard perfectly. John-Paul made to rise from his seat, but Craig pulled him back forcefully.
“Forget it mate. He isn’t worth it.”
“Oi behave yourselves lads.”
“It’s alright sir. That will be good for you too Sonny, as I don’t see all the girls fighting over you.”
“Handbags away lads.”
“Sorry Sir.”
They both muttered through gritted teeth amidst the collective laughs and comments.
“Anymore nonsense like that and I’ll send you both home. Got it?”
“Yes Sir.”

~*~

The two star hotel was as glorious as expected, more like a hovel than a hotel. Their room was almost closet size, it just about contained their squeaky spring double bed and a wardrobe with doors falling off the rusty hinges, and the view from their stained and chipped window was of a half built brick wall. When they were cheering up to the possibility that at least nothing could get worse they heard the recognisable sarcastic tones of misters Valentine and Burton almost in stereo through the paper thin walls.

“You have got to be kidding me!”
“Well I did say it was gonna be fun.”
“Yeah, but a whole week with them next door? Someone is taking the p**s.”
“Forget them. We’re here to have some fun, just think of all we have to look forwards to.”
“I know all the museum tours and the abandoned castles. But seriously.”
“I told you just relax. Anyway you can have half the wardrobe, but which of the drawers do you want?”

Craig looked at him a confused smile spread across his face, the thought of unpacking hadn’t even entered his mind, never mind hanging up his clothes.

“I never noticed before, but…”
“What?”
“You are so GAY.”
John-Paul pulled a face at him as he put strict emphasis on the last word.
“Oi. I’m not. I’m just…tidy.” He aimed a light punch at Craig’s shoulder, but missed spectacularly as he side footed two steps to the right.
“And you punch like a girl, McQueen.”
“I don’t.” John-Paul stuck out his bottom lip in a mock pout.
“And when you sulk you look…”
“Cute.”
Craig couldn’t help but laugh as John-Paul battered his eye lids at him.
“No not quite what I was going for.” He had to move a lot faster on this occasion as John-Paul aimed a harder punch to his chest.
“It’s not fair. You have to stay still. You’re a bloody boxer.” John-Paul whined.
“I know, but I am not going to let you hurt me.- Craig responded in a more superior tone. Anyway, have you finished unpacking mother? We have to be in the main dining hall in five minuets.”
“Unpacking? Who’s unpacking?”
Said John-Paul as he chucked the remainder of his clothes into his suitcase and stuffed it under the bed.
“Now that’s more like it. Let’s go and have a look around this hell hole.”
“I think it is kinda…swish.”
“Swish? Ha ha who says that?”
“What? Too gay?”
“No, not if you lived in Victorian England.”
“Fine, I think it looks cool.”
“That’s better. Let’s see what there is here?”

As it turned out the said hovel had two bars with entertainment provided, an indoor swimming pool and gym and a respectable games room, which had table tennis and pool facilities as well as a darts board, so in all fairness the boys couldn’t complain.

“Right so glad you boys could make it. What were you doing?”
“I don’t think we want to know.”
Sonny quipped.
“Nothing sir we just went for a look round.”
“This place isn’t actually half bad.”
“Well I am glad you approve Mr Dean. Can we get on with dinner and discussing the itinerary now?”
“Sorry sir.”
Craig responded sheepishly.

Fully fed and watered and in the know with regards to the planned activities, which involved a beach trip the next morning, Craig and John-Paul decided a game of pool and then an early night was the best idea. But on the way down to the games room they spotted Sonny and Justin loitering on their own.

“Fancy playing doubles?”
“You talking to us?”
“Why not? We’re stuck with you we may as well be civil.”
“Fine. What’s the bets?”
“We’re playing for fun.”
“Wimp!”
“Sonny! Nice remember?”
“Sorry. You have to have a bet. Nothing big just a quid or something.”
“I don’t see the point really.”
“Just give us some money JP the quicker we sort this the quicker we beat them.”
“Cocky aren’t we Dean?”
“No, just confident I’ve seen you both play pool.”
“Erm…my thoughts too, which is why we haven’t sorted the pairings yet.”
“What?”
“You didn’t think I was gonna let you two play us? As you said you’ve seen us play. But I’m not pairing with him no matter how good he is at pool.”
“Why? Scared of catching something or just afraid he will show you up?”
“I’m playing nice, so don’t push it.”
“Fine, so it’s me and Justin against you and Craig? We get the break.”
“Why?”
“Because you chose the pairs.”

Justin jumped in to defuse the situation that undoubtedly would have resulted in further pointless arguments.
“Guys. Lets just get on with it, please.”
“You break Sonny.”
“Thank you, Craig.”
“No problem.”
“Okay cut the nice nice crap. You said civil not dating.”
“I would have thought that was more your department.”
“Ohhh Sonny…that hurt.”
“Guys, just play please.”

Sonny had the black in his sights. He’d lined up the shot precisely. He lifted his head to throw one final cutting remark at John-Paul and was forced into fluffing his move, as from just behind Justin John-Paul puckered his lips and winked subtly at him, so Craig was the only other person who saw.

“Ahhh. You did that on purpose.”
“Did what?”
“He just blew a kiss at me.”
“Did I hell as like. It’s not my fault you’re crap at pool.”
Which John-Paul had to concede wasn’t exactly true.
“Why would he do that?”
“To win the bet. You must have seen him Craig.”
He had the sense at this point to cover up the obvious smirk spreading across his face.
“No, sorry.”
“It was for a pound Sonny, you’re definitely not worth that.”
“Forget it. You’re a cheating, filthy, QUEER!”
“Two out of three. Not bad.”
“John-Paul, come on please.”
“No. Wait a second Dean. You’re not denying it?”
“I said two out of three. Are you deaf as well as stupid?”
“Well filthy may have been a bit harsh, but you’re definitely a cheating Qu**r!”
“Call me that one more time. I dare you!”
“What? QU**R!”

It all happened in a flash. The punch, the screaming and the blood pouring everywhere. Craig stepped back from the scene as John-Paul pushed passed him and stormed towards their bedroom.

“John-Paul! You can’t leave.”
“I told him. Didn’t I say? He never listens.”
“John-Paul calm down, please.”
“I hate that word. If I am anything it is gay. I mean queer what does that mean? Strange? Abnormal? I hate it.”
“You need to go to Mr. Anderson.”
“What? No. I need some fresh air before I do anything. He has really riled me up.”
“I know. I take it back though.”
“What?”
“You don’t hit like a girl.”
“Idiot.”

They punched and wrestled with one another in a matey fashion until they came to rest by the swimming pool, where they removed their footwear and sat dangling their feet over the edge.

“I shouldn’t have it him.”
“Not one of your best moments. Why did you?”
“It was that word. I told you I hate it. But I hate him more.”
“You’re going to have to find a better way of dealing.”
“What?”
“With the comments. They are only gonna get worse before anything gets better.”
“I know. I’m sorry you know.”
“For what?”
“The party…running away.”
“You were scared and I didn’t exactly help.”
“I didn’t give you time. I meant what I said though.”
“JP…”
“I know it’s not what you want to hear, but with Sonny just now it made me think. I’m gay and you’re right things are going to get more difficult, but the main reason I know is because I have fallen in love with you and I know you have a girlfriend, but I owe it to myself to tell you.”
“I…I thought we were friends.”
“We are. You are my best friend.”
“Then we can’t…this is wrong. It’s just not…I’m with Sarah and you’re with Hannah.”
“Em not for much longer.”
“What do you mean?”
“I can’t keep stringing her along Craig. She is beautiful and I really care for her, but it’s not the same. It won’t ever be right.”
“Look. You…you need some sleep. In the morning things will be different. You’ll talk to Hannah and it will all go back to normal.”
“No. It won’t.”

John-Paul lifted his hand and grazed it gently against Craig’s cheek, stopping to rub his thumb tenderly over his full lips. Craig’s eyes closed and a silent tear trickled down his face. Craig clasped his hand and removed it from its position, he stood and grabbed his shoes, before running as fast as he could away from John-Paul and the feelings currently whirring around in his heart colliding and battling for supremacy.

‘This isn’t right. What am I thinking? He’s my best mate. But that touch. But I am not GAY. But lately…’

“Dean. Here now!”
“Yes, sir.”
“Where is McQueen?”
“Outside I think. He needed to calm down a bit.”
“Yes, well I did speak to Masters Valentine and Burton. Now I would like your side of the story.”
“It all happened so fast. Sonny was calling him the usual names and John-Paul told him to stop. When he wouldn’t he hit him. That’s all that happened really.”
“Is McQueen okay?”
“Confused and angry mainly. Look, Sir can I suggest you don’t speak to him tonight? I know it’s serious, but he is not exactly in the right place.”
“I’m afraid it can’t wait. Valentine has involved the police.”
“What for? He only punched him once and he was provoked.”
“Unfortunately that is not what has been reported.”
“Well he’s lying. What’s Justin saying? I bet the little scumbag hasn’t even said why it all started.”
“What do you mean?”
“He lost a bet at pool, because he claimed JP made him miss the black by blowing a kiss at him. It was a stupid joke and he has just got paranoid.”
“I may have a word with Master Valentine again. Can you tell John-Paul when he is ready to come and see me, please?”
“Of course, Sir.”
“Night Dean and keep up the good work.”
“Sir? Night.”

John-Paul finally returned from the pool around midnight and attempted to sneak into bed without disturbing Craig. Only to find him sat up against the headboard, eyes wide open with the light on.

“I’m sorry.”
“Don’t. Mr Anderson want’s a word.”
“I know. He came to find me. I can’t believe what Sonny has said.”
“He’s a lying weasel.”
“And the other thing that I can’t believe is that despite everything you stuck up for me.”
“You’re a mate. That isn’t going to change.”
“I know, but thank you anyway. Craig…”
“Night, John-Paul.”
“Night.”

~*~

As the sunlight poured in through the window Craig threw his arm out in attempt to wake John-Paul, only to find his side of the bed empty.

“Morning. Rise and…John-Paul?”

He sat up suddenly wide awake and looked at the clock they had placed on the bedside table. It was flashing 7:30, which meant he wasn’t late, but also meant John-Paul had obviously tried to avoid him. He grabbed his wash bag, showered and dressed before heading downstairs to the main dining hall, where he found him alone, pondering over a bowl of cornflakes.

“Hey.”
“So you’re up sleepy head.”
“Sleepy head? John-Paul it is 8:15 everyone else will still be in bed.”
“Why aren’t you?”
“I just wondered where you were.”
“I went for an early morning Swim. I’m used to getting up at ridiculous o’clock in the morning, because with five sisters it is the only way to use the bathroom.”
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”
“I was just you know…thinking about yesterday.”
“Oh yeah I forgot all about that, but thanks for the reminder. Craig, we do need to talk.”
“Not now. Just give me some time.”
“For what? Just be honest with me. If it’s not what you want then fine, but everything is not going to go back to normal as you put it.”
“Have you spoken to Hannah?”
“I text her this morning and got an abusive phone call back. She’s at Sarah’s as we speak.”
“Great so I should expect an ear bashing at some point? What did you tell her?”
“I told her the truth, she deserved that much.”
“I know she does. Are you sure about all this?”
“Yes I can’t keep lying to myself and to everyone. I’m going to tell my family when I get home. Are me and you okay?”
“Always.”
Craig pulled him into a matey embrace, which was short lived, disturbed by the arrival of Sonny and Justin.
“Look at that. How cute, two QU**RS together.”
“Sonny, pack it in lets get breakfast I am starving.”
“I’d listen to him unless you want something broken this time.”
“You wouldn’t dare.”
“Why, because you’ll tell the police? Empty threats Sonny. Empty threats.”
“Forget him John-Paul, he’s not worth it.”
“Yeah, run along QU**R.”
“I’m not queer.”
“Sorry I didn’t hear you.”
“It’s gay. I am not queer I am GAY.”
“John-Paul please leave it.”
“I knew it. So are you like that too Dean?”
“No Sonny he isn’t, unlike you he has a girlfriend and a hot one at that. Craig, I’m going to get some toast. Care to join me?”
“I don’t mind if I do.”

The boys left Sonny rooted to the spot, a look of pure disgust on his face, as they passed Justin he gave them a pat on the back and a brief smile, which quickly turned to a sneer as Sonny looked to him for support.

~*~

Half past ten and the bus was packed with a mass picnic lunch and beach games equipment and for a change John-Paul and Craig were the first seated.

“What’s in your bag?”
“Towel and swimming gear.”
“We’re in Wales not Spain it will be freezing.”
“You wimp! I am going in I love the sea. It’s such freedom.”
“I might join you then.”
“How? Where’s your swimming gear?”
“I always come prepared.” Craig pulled at the waistband of his jeans to show John-Paul he was wearing his swimming shorts already.
“If it is too cold to swim I need to work on my tan.”
“Have you got sun cream?”
“Obviously. I burn if I look at the sun. You’re lucky you are naturally brown.”
“Look at you, you’ve got a hat and everything.”
“Well I come prepared too.”
“What’s that?”
“My book? You’ve seen those before Craig we’re studying literature.”
“Ha ha. Why have you got that? We’ll be playing cricket and football.”
“While I am working on my tan I need something to do.”
“God you are such a woman. Having said that I usually just stare at the women.”
“My point exactly. Since I have no one to perv on I need something to keep me entertained.”
“Fair point. Damn! I forgot my towel can I borrow yours later?”
“I’ve got a spare.”
“Really? God you are prepared.”
“For every eventuality.”
“You in the Scouts or something?”
“No. I just live in a house of women and if they don’t leave with absolutely everything in tow and they forget something it is chaos.”
“Sounds like fun.”
“You have no idea. Family holidays were a nightmare.”

For a change the sun stayed out all day, which for most of the boys meant a day of perving on all the girls in their class who had no inhibitions and were sunbathing either in their bikinis or topless or jumping around playing beach volleyball and for John-Paul it meant a full day of secretly watching Craig whilst he was playing football, wearing the tightest pair of Speedos imaginable, so that he was drooling along with most of the girls.

“Come and play. We’re one short now Sonny is feigning injury.”
“No. I’ve still got my front to do and then I fancy a swim.”
“Seriously is this all you are planning to do today?”
“If you leave me alone, yes.”
“But you’re already red.”
“Do me a favour then.”
“What?”
“Rub some of that sun cream on my back.”
“Do it yourself you lazy git.”
“I would if I could reach. I’ve done the rest of me, so don’t panic. Just rub over the bits where I am red.”
“Fine, but you have to come and play cricket at least. It is meant to be a whole class game.”
“Great. I hate cricket.”
“Why? What’s so bad about it?”
“I can’t hit or catch I absolutely suck at it. Jacquie used to bawl at me whenever I was on her team.”
“You can’t be that bad. Please, for me?”
“Fine, but if Sonny starts I am out.”
“Deal. So where do you want this?”

Craig dripped the sun cream directly from the tube onto John-Paul’s back causing him to shiver with the first contact.

“You did that on purpose you’re meant to warm it in your hands first.”
“I know but that was fun.”
Quipped Craig, a huge smile across his face.

Craig slowly spread the cream across John-Paul’s shoulder blades and then massaged it deeply down his spine and across his lower back. He kneaded the skin until a involuntary guttural moan escaped John-Paul’s lips and then he stopped suddenly. He’d been in a world of his own until that point and he was horrified to discover that he’d been enjoying himself a little too much.

“Ahhh that feels good. Craig, what’s wrong?”

Craig seemed to have frozen, his hands hovering over John-Paul’s lower back.

“Nothing. You’re done. You fancy that swim yet?”

Without waiting for a response he turned and ran towards the sea leaving John-Paul feeling confused and rather unexplainably a little hurt.

“What about cricket?”

Luckily for John-Paul the class game of cricket seemed to be vetoed by the girls and instead football was restarted. Him and Craig were on separate teams and to everyone’s amusement they seemed to be focusing on one another.

“What is your problem?”
“I don’t have one. I’m just playing the game.”
“So are you trying to break my legs or something?”
“I’m stopping you scoring J. Isn’t that what this game is about?”
“Don’t get funny with me! Go and mark someone else.”
“Hey lads! A little focus on the game would be appreciated.”
“Sorry, Sir.”

The goal kick was taken and John-Paul collected the ball at the half way line. He could see one of his team mates in space, so skilfully passed the ball in his direction. Just as the ball left him he saw Craig sliding in from the corner of his eye, so he jumped and landed awkwardly on his arm.

“Oi. Dean what are you playing at?”
“John-Paul mate are you alright?”
“What the [bleep] was that Dean?”
“I didn’t think you had it in you!”

Craig just walked away towards the bus his head in tatters. He’d just hurt his best mate for no justifiable reason.

They sat side by side in silence the whole journey back to the hotel, as the trip to the museum had been cancelled as John-Paul’s arm had needed medical attention.

It was only when they were back in their own room alone that they could go back to being themselves.

“Craig. Talk to me, please?”
“… … …”
“What happened out there? That isn’t you. You’re not vindictive.”
“I know. I am sorry.”
“Tell me what happened.”
“I can’t explain it. Something inside me just…snapped.”
“Is this about…yesterday?”
“Yes. No. Kind of. When you told me at the party how long had you been feeling like that?”
“I can’t answer that. I mean I felt connected to you from the first day I met you, but my feelings for you have just grown.”
“How did it happen?”
“I…I don’t know. It’s just when I am with you I feel like my heart is going to burst and when I am not with you I think about you all the time. I can’t explain it. It just happened. But you don’t feel the same and that’s okay, because we’re mates and we always will be.”
“I never said…J how do you stop yourself from loving someone?”
“Why?...who do you love?”
“I’ve tried to fight it. I mean I’m with Sarah. I love Sarah. But I can’t stop thinking about…you.”
“Craig?”
“I want you.”
“Craig, don’t.”

They came together in a crashing of lips, teeth and tongues, fighting to explore and taste one another’s accepting mouths. Unfortunately for them they had forgotten how paper thin the walls actually were and they were unceremoniously disturbed from continuing their exploration by a fit of girly giggles and loud sounds of utter disgust from next door.

“I knew it. I told you they were at it.”
“Awww.”
“It is not Awwww it is disgusting.”
“Shut it Sonny. Just because you’re not getting any.”
“That is not the point. It’s so…GAY!”
“So what? If they are happy leave them to it.”
“You being serious Justin?”
“Yeah, I have bigger things to worry about than what they are getting up to. In fact… Craig, John-Paul we know you can hear us, we’re going to play pool if you fancy joining us?!”

Craig pulled away from John-Paul’s mouth to stifle his giggles. John-Paul just covered his face in embarrassment at least they couldn’t see them and then he shouted back.

“Sounds great. We’ll meet you down there.”
“Take your time there is no rush.”
Joked one of the giggling girls.

“Craig we need to talk. Did you mean that?”
“No I just thought I’d kiss you for the fun of it.”
“Craig…”
“Sorry. Yes I meant it. I just don’t know what it means for us now.”
“What did you mean by you want me?”
“Do we have to do this now?”
He tried to leave the bed to hide his obvious embarrassment.
“Craig I need to know. Is it just that you’re curious and you want sex?”
“No. It’s not just about that. I…I can tell you anything. I’ve told you more about me than I have ever told anyone. I’ve never really had a proper friend before, but with you it is so much more than that. When you told me at Hannah’s party I just wanted to hold you. This weekend has been a nightmare. I’ve not thought about Sarah once. All I could think of was you and why you make me feel how you do.”
“What do you mean?”
“J I am always thinking about you and when I was rubbing that sun cream on you I…”
“Oh my god! It…it turned you on. Is that why you ran away from me?”
“It sounds stupid but yes. I’ve never felt that way about a guy before, well maybe one other, but that was just purely because of his body.”
“Who was that then?”
“A friend of Darren’s called Ben. He was a fireman.”
“Erm…I’m sorry I never met him.”
“Hey.”
“Sorry. But my point is you have had girlfriends before and you happen to have one right now. I want to be with you, but openly and in a proper relationship. Is that what you want?”
“You know it is, but it won’t be that easy for me. I mean no one is going to understand that it is just you.”
“What do you mean?”
“I’m not gay. I still fancy girls.”
“So what are you? Bi?”
“Why does this need a label? I’m in love with you. That is all that should matter.”
“What about Sarah?”
“I’ll call her. I know it isn’t the best way to deal with this, but I want us to spend some proper time together before we have to go home and face people.”
“Are you sure? I don’t want to push you into this.”
“I’m sure John-Paul. In fact I have never been surer of anything. And you know something else?”
“What?”
“I really want to go and play pool.”
“Me too. Once we’ve tried that kiss again.”
“I thought you’d never ask.”
“Ow Ow Ow!”
“Maybe we should take a look at that first.”
“Anything you say Doctor.”
“Idiot.”
“I love you Craig.”
“I…”
“It doesn’t matter. I told you I am not going to pressure you into anything. I am glad you are at least talking to me.”
“John-Paul you’re rambling.”
“I’m sorry.”
“No don’t be. You’re so cute when you do that. I love you too. I really do.”
“Do you mean it?”
“Definitely.”

With that they collapsed onto their bed and bounced around making as much squeaky noises as possible safe in the knowledge that for once everyone, well those next door at least were downstairs out of their way.

~*~

After a thorough check up of one another’s bodies (looking for any so far undetectable injuries obviously) they showered, redressed and headed downstairs to find Justin and the girls for a game of pool, as Sonny disappeared to go sulk on his own.

RING RING RING RING

“S**t. It’s Sarah.”
“You don’t have to tell her.”
“I can’t lie to her.”
“The chances are she will only want to tell you about Han.”
“And if she doesn’t?”

The phone stopped ringing solving the problem for him. Justin came up behind him, poised to take his shot.

“So you are really going to go through with this then?”
“Yeah, I guess we are.”
“Well that’s ten pounds I’ll never see again.”
“What?”
“Katie said she thought you and him would get together before the dance off.”
“[bleep]. I totally forgot about that. I am supposed to be taking Sarah.”
“I’m meant to be taking Hannah. By the way, how did Katie know?”
“She said something about women’s intuition.”
“So we haven’t been too obvious or anything?”
“I don’t think anyone else knew if that is what you mean.”
“I’m starting to wish Sarah did.”
“Me too.”
“Just be honest with her. There isn’t really a lot she can do is there? Anyway, what is everyone having? It is my round.”

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

‘Craig call me now.’

“What’s up?”
“It’s a text from Sarah. She doesn’t sound too happy.”
“You are being paranoid now. Just call her.”

Craig walked outside to obtain a better signal but also to hold the conversation in private. He needn’t have bothered, as soon as Sarah answered she was bawling at him and it was loud enough for everyone to hear. He held the phone at arms length from his ear and was still able to make out the gist of the conversation which included “John-Paul…dating…Sonny.” He managed to mutter “sorry” several times before she hung up on him. He walked into the bar to see Sonny stood leaning on the bar, as bold as brass. He walked over to him and grabbed him by the throat.

“What did you do that for?”
“Craig calm down.”
“This little [bleep] told Sarah.”
“Why? Sonny?”
“Because it is disgusting Justin and she had a right to know.”
“And he was going to tell her.”
“What we do or do not do has absolutely nothing to do with you. Leave my personal life alone.”
“Craig, leave him he’s jealous.”
“Of what McQueen? He’s just lost the hottest girl in school for you. I hope you’re worth it.”
“He is Sonny.”
“Awww ain’t that cute. The two gay boys are in love.”
“It’s about time you grew up mate. Besides they are not that interesting.”
Said Justin to everyone’s surprise.
“Thanks Justin.”
“Can we finish this game now please? Because I believe I am kicking your arses.”
“Not anymore you’re not. I believe it is my shot.”
“Okay, well I nearly was.”

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

‘You B*****d’

“Who’s that?”
“It’s from Hannah and she is definitely not happy.”
“Now who is being paranoid?”

John-Paul handed Craig his phone, so he could read the message.
“I take it back.”
“I guess I was asking for that.”
“No, John-Paul. We’ve done nothing wrong.”
“Yeah but the whole village are going to know by the time we’re back.”

RING RING RING RING

“It’s Katie just give me a sec. Hey babe. Oh it’s nice to speak to you too. I’ll pass you over. She want’s to talk to you two. I’ll put you on speaker, babes.”
“Ahhhhhhhh I am so proud of you two. John-Paul you’ll have to tell me all about it.”
“I will Katie don’t worry. How do you know?”
“I’m in the Dog and Miss Priss has just made an announcement.”
“Oh God. Katie it’s Craig, what did my mum say? She’s here if you want a quick word?”
“No I don’t think…”
“Never mind you don’t think. When you get home we’ll be having serious words. How could you do this to Sarah? You can tell John-Paul from me, his mum isn’t overly thrilled either.”
“Oh God. Hello, Mrs Osborne is my mum there? Put her on please.”
“Yes I am here John-Paul what were you thinking? Craig and Sarah were happy. And why on earth did you not tell me? I had to hear from our Jacquie.”
“Jacquie?”
“Yeah she said she has known for a while. Apparently she was just waiting for this to happen and her exact words were good one kid.”
“Tell her I love her and mum I love you too.”
“I know love. We’ll talk when you get home.”
“Craig, son?”
“Yes mum?”
“Are you happy?”
“Yes I am.”
“I love you.”
“I love you too. I’ll see you Wednesday.”
“Okay, bye.”
“Bye.”
“Katie I’ll see you on Wednesday.”
“Bye J. I love you.”
“I love you too. Bye. Bye.”

~*~

The day after was spent crawling around Wales’s most famous art museum and then one last trip to the beach before an early night and the journey home. John-Paul, Craig and Justin had grown friendlier over their time together and they spent their last night together at the bar with a considerably large group of girls all fighting for their attention, getting seriously wasted. Half way through the evening they were joined by a lonely and apologetic Sonny who started to make it up to them by buying twenty pounds worth of shots.

“That’s us out folks.”
“No you can’t go yet. It’s early.”
“It’s two o’clock and we have to be up early in the morning.”
“Stay for one more round.”
“No you’re alright. If we drink anymore I might have to change our plans for tonight.”
“Really…hic…you had plans?”
“Yeah and I at least need you speaking for them.”
“Enough details. We’ll leave you boys to it. See you in the morning.”
“Right babe…off we go.”
“Babe?”
“Awwww so cute.”
“What?”
“You called me babe.”
“You are my babe.”
“You’re a softy.”

At this point Justin coughed rather loudly as the boys were forgetting themselves and were drawing in for a kiss.

“I thought you were going.”
“We are.”
“Definitely.”
“Night, guys.”
“Night you two.”

~*~

The trip home was the polar opposite of the one going. Craig and John-Paul sat side by side, but this time they were laughing and talking admittedly, holding hands and occasionally when they could get away with it, kissing one another on the lips. Both boys were disappointed as the scenery and landmarks became all too familiar and they finally arrived back to reality, which was Hollyoaks village and their waiting families.

“You ready for this?”
“No. Are you?”
“No, but we can do this together.”
“I know.”

They stayed on the bus to the very end willing everyone to have disappeared by the time they descended.

“Come on you two. Katie wants all the gossip.”
“We’ll be right with you.”

They leant in closing the gap between them and this time their lips met in a passionate embrace, their tongues battling and dancing for supremacy.

They were in this together. Everything was exactly as it should be.

THE END :rose:

Please feel free to read and comment. :up2:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 pm 
Guilty but insane
Guilty but insane

Awww ace stuff!! :cloud9:

I miss them boys :cry:

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION