Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION

Post subject: Do You Remember?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:18 am 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

Please feel free to read and comment. :sunshine:

The restaurant was packed, but he knew Craig wouldn’t complain about the wait as it had always been his favourite haunt on O’Connell Street in Dublin and as such he usually reserved a table in advance, but tonight had been on the spur of the moment, John-Paul’s treat.

“Your booth is free now Mister McQueen if you’d care to follow me.”
“Thank you Luke. Could we have a bottle of your finest house bubbly with the menus, please? And can you call me John-Paul? I’m not my father.”
“Right away, Si…John-Paul.”

Craig couldn’t help but laugh at John-Paul’s obvious embarrassment at being addressed so formally. He’d disliked it ever since their first visit to The White Rose, which had been accidental, although neither of them would ever forget it.

The boys had been walking non-stop for over an hour along the uneven cobbled Dublin Streets which seemed harsher on their feet as a result of the copious amount of alcohol they had consumed. Finally they stopped and leant against an all too familiar brick wall out of breath.

“I told you we’re not lost.”
“Okay so you are obsessed with the…White Rose, then?”
“The what? No. Why’d you say that?”
“Because Craig this is the fourth time we’ve passed it.”
“Give me a break J. I am new to the area. We only left Chester this morning.”
“Right, so we are in fact lost?”
“No, I never said…but I guess if you want to be technical…okay fine yes we are, but it isn’t my fault.”

Craig slumped onto the pavement, head in hands, out of breath and totally defeated.

“I’m so glad we’ve worked that out, but now is not the time to give up, because A I am tired and B I really have to pee.”
“So you have a plan then?”

John-Paul looked up and down the ironically deserted lamp lit street widely known as one of Dublin’s hot spots.

“That White Rose place looks like it is still open or at least their light is on. I say we ask in there.”
“Fine you can go in first.”
“Fine, but only because I am desperate. I’ll do the introductions but you will have to give them the details.”

John-Paul shot a glare at his boyfriend as he knocked nervously. The door was opened on the latch by an older lady dressed in a nightgown and slippers obviously ready for bed.
“Hello. Look I am really sorry to disturb you, but my boyfriend and I are lost and really need some help.”
“Mum who is it?” The voice of a young ish man echoed downstairs.
“That’s my son, Jason maybe he can help you.”
“That would be great.”
“Mum, who is it?”
“I don’t know, just two lost boys.”
“Mum close the door it’s probably just drunks.”

The lady went to close the door, so John-Paul eased his foot inside.

“No, please wait. We’re really lost. We’re not drunk. You see it’s a funny story. We’re new to the area we are starting at Trinity on Monday and we just moved from Chester, but my boyfriend here has forgotten the way back to his house.”

The younger man stared at John-Paul’s face and was blown away by the sincerity he saw there.

“I guess you better come in. Any funny business and we’ll call the police.”
“No funny business I promise we are just really screwed. My name’s John-Paul by the way. Any chance I can use your bathroom?”
“I’m Jason. Yeah help yourself it’s upstairs and the first on the left. You better give me the address, Craig is it? In case I have to look it up. Mum, do us a brew will you?”
“Course love. What can I get ye Craig and your John-Paul?”
“Tea will be great, thank you. One with sugar and one without.”
“So what’s your address?”
“I have it here somewhere give me a second. 64 O’Connell Street.”

Jason burst out laughing, grabbed Craig’s hand and guided him to the door.

“This is O’Connell Street. Count up about four. You see the red door?”
“Ye…God that’s my door. I am so sorry.”
“It’s alright. Could have happened to anyone?”

“Do you remember the first time we came here?”
“Yeah I don’t think I’ll ever forget it. I mean how can you get lost on your own street?”
“J it was our first day here. Besides all these roads look the same.
“I’m glad I came back with you.”
“Me too. None of this would have been the same without you. I love you.”
“I love you too. Always. In fact I wanted to ask you something.”
“Oh, yeah.”

The cheeky glint appeared in Craig’s eyes as ideas of what they could do for desert flooded his brain. However, as John-Paul rose from his seat and walked round to his side of the table recognition flashed across his face.
“Oh God…John-Paul.”

He got down on bended knee and grasped his hand which he had clasped in his lap.

“Craig, I brought you here tonight to ask you a special question.”

“Oh God, Oh God, Oh God.”

“Craig Dean. I fell for you from the moment we first met in that classroom and although we have had our ups and downs and we have hurt several people along the way I know we are meant to be and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and only you. Will you marry me, please?”

“Yes, J I will. I love you.”

Their lips met in a tender yet passionate kiss, as they embraced, radiating love for all to see.

Post subject: Re: Do You Remember?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:12 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Aww :rose:
Great fanfic :D

Post subject: Re: Do You Remember?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:19 pm 
Guilty but insane
Guilty but insane

Awwww so so sweet!!! :rose:

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION