Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION

Post subject: Memory Box
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:13 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

Please feel free to read and comment. Thank You. Carly Thompson :ohyeah: :kiss: :kiss:

It had been two months since Sarah’s tragic death, Zoe’s acquittal for murder and Lydia leaving the village, but still something felt amiss. During one of her rare sober spells Hannah had an insightful idea. She turned up at Nancy’s flat and waved a shoebox excitedly in front of her face.

“Wait. Slow down. What was that?”
“We all need a proper opportunity to greave for Sarah. We still haven’t told Craig and John-Paul. And I have the perfect solution.”
“And what is that exactly?”
“A memory box.”
“A memory box?”
“Yeah. We put together a selection of all the things we have that remind us of Sarah and then we bury it or keep it somewhere we can all see it anytime we want.”
“You know what? That isn’t a bad idea.” Kris interrupted as he appeared behind Nancy sporting a red silk dressing gown and fluffy pink open toed slippers.
“We could even have our own memorial and remembrance service. That way if the boys decide to come home they won’t feel left out.”
“Exactly.”
“But you’ll be the one to tell them? None of us are in touch with them.” Hannah sensed that Nancy still felt a little guilty for her behavior towards them, but she also believed there was a long road to forgiveness.
“Zoe is.”
“Yeah but it isn’t fair to ask her to do that. Anyway this is your bright idea Miss Ashworth.” For the first time in a long time the sparkle returned to Hannah’s eyes.
“Fine. I will e-mail John-Paul, or I could ask Darren to speak to Craig.”
“It would be better coming from one of us, don’t you think?”
“I suppose so. Will you tell Zoe?”
“Tell me what?” Hannah blushed ferociously; she had forgotten that Zoe was crashing in Nancy’s spare room.
“Hannah has had an idea.”
“Oh, yeah. What’s that? If it is to go out and get bladdered I am seriously not in the mood.”
“No it has nothing to do with drinking. Hannah bit back the retort she was dying to throw at her, evidently she was still struggling to forgive her for not attending her trial. Actually it’s about Sarah.”
“What about her?”
“I think, and I hope you agree, that we all need a proper opportunity to mourn her passing. John-Paul and Craig still haven’t been told as far as I know and you…well you get my point. I thought it would be nice for us all to collect our memories of Sarah and share them and then bury this box.” Having said this all in one breath, so as not to upset Zoe, Hannah was literally winded as Zoe grabbed her into a bone braking hug.
“It’s brilliant. Simply brilliant.” Hannah smiled shyly as everyone patted her on the back and praised her.
“So shall I e-mail John-Paul?”
“Yes definitely. I can’t believe they don’t know.”
“I don’t think anyone knew how to tell them.”
“I’ll tell Mike.”
“You will?”
“And Amy. He’d want to know. Besides he may want to be involved.”
“You think he will?”
“She was his daughter and Amy’s sister. It suddenly occurred to Zoe why Hannah had gone so silent. I’ve spoken to Amy since. I’m not saying we will ever be close, but she believes I am innocent.”
“And Mike?”
“We have an understanding.”
“So you’re sure about this?”
“I think it’s wonderful. I am so sorry I doubted you Han.”
“Don’t. That is all in the past. We have Sarah to think of and our lives to live.”
“I couldn’t agree more.” And with that the four friends shared a mass hug.

“J! You have mail.”
“Who from?”
“Hannah.”
“Read it then.”

It happened instantly, but everything went black.

“Craig. Craig. Are you okay?” His vision was blurred and for some unfathomably reason he was lying down.
“Where am I?” He frantically tried to sit up but John-Paul restrained him.
“Dublin General.”
“Why? What happened?”
“You passed out.” John-Paul skirted round the issue desperately hoping one of the doctor’s would fill in the gaps.
“What happened? Craig couldn’t help but notice how uneasy John-Paul looked. Jay? Speak.”
“You read about Sarah.”
“Sarah? What about…oh…that was real? Uncontrollably tears streamed down his face. How? When?”
“A parachuting accident apparently.”
“Parachuting? It doesn’t sound like her.”
“No, but we’ve missed a lot. Maybe she had changed.”
“I hope not.”
“No me neither. Are you going to go?”
“I don’t know. I can’t.”
“Why not?”
“Cos I would give anything to hear her shout at me again. For her to say she loved me. For her to forgive me.”
“She did forgive you. I even think she understood.”
“You think so.”
“I know so. I spoke to Hannah and Zoe earlier and they said pretty much the same thing.”
“Which is?”
“You knew Sarah by far the best and you should have the opportunity like them to grieve for her.”
“And they don’t mind me going?”
“No. Hannah has asked that you write something and Mike agreed.”
“And you are okay with that?”
“She was a big part of your life and mine too. I don’t expect you to forget her. Get some rest. I’ll tell Hannah we are booking a ticket home.”
“Well, it’s about time.”
“Yeah, I guess it is.”

Two days later and everyone had gathered at Il Gnosh. Tony had pushed tables together so they could all sit comfortably, but the silence was unbearable. In spite of everything Nancy struggled to look at Craig and John-Paul who were sat there openly holding hands and Amy and Zoe were in close proximity for the first time since Lydia’s departure.

“I have a question. Craig ventured suddenly. He had no definite idea of whom he was addressing. All eyes rested on him expectantly. Can someone explain who in the hell Lydia is…sorry was?”
“I’ll tell you. Amy offered rather unexpectedly. I never thought there would be anyone else who could hurt Sarah more than you did. John-Paul squeezed Craig’s thigh warning him not to retaliate. But Lydia was a whole other kind of evil. I don’t know how much you know about what happened when you left, but Sarah was angry and confused. She had feelings she didn’t know what to do with and that is when she slept with Zoe.”
“She what?” John-Paul seemed to forget himself.

It took the best part of two hours, countless cups of tea and coffee and oceans of tears to recount the whole of what had happened. Craig listened intently, squeezing John-Paul’s hand for encouragement as tearfully Zoe recounted the day of the jump.

“So, what is the plan?”
“Hannah had this wonderful idea. The box we told you about.”
“It sounds perfect. Well done Han. Once more she blushed furiously; she wasn’t used to all these complements. I have written something if you all think it is still needed. If not I will just put it in the box for her.”
“No. We agreed you would speak. I think she would have wanted you to. She loved you Craig. No matter how much I hated that she did.” Mike struggled to hold himself together as he spoke.
“But where?...”
“I had another idea about that too if you all agree.”
“Well…”
“Sarah’s favourite place. Ju…”
“That tree in Jubilee Gardens.” A sad smile crossed Craig’s lips.
“I think we should bury it under there.”
“Brilliant Han.”
“So we’re ready?”
“I guess so.”

“In reality I am not probably the best person to make this speech, but I will do my best. Sarah was a wonderful girl. She was my best friend and first love. She taught me how to be a good person. I was happy and safe when I was with her. She was also a wonderful and loyal friend to all of you, a supportive and caring sister to Amy and a truly amazing daughter to Mike. She meant so many things to us and she had such an impact on all our lives that we will greatly miss her. Personally I want to say I am sorry for how much I hurt her and I want her to know that I did love her. I hope that she found it in her heart to forgive me and I hope she is now in peace.”

Rest In Peace Sarah Barnes.

Post subject: Re: Memory Box
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm 
Guilty but insane
Guilty but insane

:cry: :cry: :cry: RIP Sarah Barnes

Awww nice to see JP and Craig come bac for Sarah. They were all best friends for so long I think thats important!

Ace stuff! x

Post subject: Re: Memory Box
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Great work. RIP Sarah.

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION