Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION

Post subject: Messenger
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:00 am 
Shoplifter
Shoplifter

Title: Messenger
Rating: PG
Summary: After Craig’s text at Christmas John Paul thinks and comes to a decision, but will it turn out the way he hopes?

Messenger

John Paul stared at his laptop, his hand moving to hover over it for a moment before he pulled it back, this was pointless, it wouldn’t work anyway…Except he still had that little flicker of hope that he couldn’t quite put out, John Paul took out his mobile, re-reading the message that had made that flicker of hope flare brighter then before.

Merry Xmas. Miss U. Luv 2 cu in Dublin. X

He hadn’t replied, He hadn’t known what to even say. That and the fact that Michaela had used up all his credit, again. He hadn’t got anymore because he knew he’d of typed in the first thing that came to mind. He thought when he walked away from the airport that was it, he was sure he’d never hear from Craig again and if Craig came back to visit the Osborne’s then He would avoid Craig because he was sure Craig would never come looking for him.

It’d been 6 days since he’d received the text message from Craig and he still hadn’t been able to delete the message, to ignore it, It had plagued his mind every moment since he’d heard from Craig.

He couldn’t text Craig back, He couldn’t quite muster up the courage to pick up the phone and call him…But he did still have Craig’s email address…Wouldn’t be the first time they’d emailed each other, although they had made the most of the chat room they had used on occasion.

He grabbed his laptop, opening it and waiting for it to power up, He logged in to his email account, clicking the new email link. There were no guarantees but he had to try…even if it meant him not receiving a reply. His fingers hovered over the keyboard for a moment, hesitating before he began to type, the words coming surprisingly easily.

To: CraigDean@hotmail.com

Subject:

Craig,

I know you might be surprised to hear from me, although after you sending me that text message it might not be such a surprise. I’ve been trying to figure out what the text message meant, how to respond. I’ve thought dozens of things to say to you and I’ve convinced myself that every single one of them is useless.

I don’t know why you contacted me, but I’m glad that you did, I’m glad you don’t hate me for leaving you at that airport, I hope you understand that I didn’t do it to hurt you.

I miss you too.

John Paul.

Well, There ya go, all feedback is appreicated.

Post subject: Re: Messenger
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:00 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Great fanfic like the email idea and how it is written too :upup: Fingers crossed he gets an email back :up:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:14 pm 
Shoplifter
Shoplifter

Okay, Thanks for your comments. :) So I wrote this in about 10 minutes because this fic seems to not wanna end yet.

Chapter 2

Craig looked out of his bedroom window; it had been 6 days since he’d send the text message to John Paul, It was the first of January, It was 2008 and he was still alone he hadn’t gotten a reply from John Paul, not that he’d expected one…But he’d hoped. He turned as he heard his laptop beep, announcing that he’d gotten a new email, it was probably just another useless advertisement, might as well delete it now rather then later.

He took a seat at his computer desk; he glanced at the screen, having to blink to double check as he saw who had sent him the email. He clicked the link to open it, trying to brace himself for the disappointment of what he may read as the page loaded.

He read through the email, slowing for a moment to re-read the last line.

I miss you too.

He clicked on the reply button, his fingers running eagerly over the keyboard as he replied.

To: JohnPaulMcQueen@hotmail.com

Subject:

John Paul,

I don’t blame you for leaving me at the airport, I was angry but not half as much as I was hurt. You were right, we couldn’t hide away as much as I wanted to, I needed time John Paul, So maybe we were both wrong but I don’t want to have to miss you again. I’ve thought about nothing but you since I left. I really would like to see you in Dublin. But I guess eventually I’ll just have to make do with seeing you in Hollyoaks. We need to talk, and I’d rather not do it by typing a lot of words on to a screen.

Love,
Craig.

Craig pressed send, staring at the computer screen for a moment, before he stood up, and suddenly, his mobile phone began to ring.

There ya go. :) All Feedback is welcomed and Well, I'm seriously tempted to write more.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:43 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Great again....hoping the call is from him now. Would love to hear more :D

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:56 pm 
Bunch of roses
Bunch of roses

Great fanfic :D

hope to see more soon

x