Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - THE NEWSROOM

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:00 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

ONE-TIME Hollyoaks heartthrob Paul Danan is set to open a drama club in Hertford, to inspire a new generation of on-screen stars.

Paul Danan

Paul, who played Sol Patrick in the long-running Channel 4 show, said he wanted to use his years as an actor to help teach youngsters.

Sessions start on Thursday (November 1) at the Mill Bridge Rooms in the Seed Warehouse at 3.45pm and are due to run every Thursday.

Paul said: "It’s my first time really giving back by teaching what I was taught at the start of my career.

"We’re going to be covering lots of different areas.

"We will try and build confidence and teach useful exercises. I also want to help people learn how to get into character and really become that person.

"Hopefully it’s going to go well – I’ve done a lot of preparation and research."

Paul said planning the sessions involved thinking back to what worked best for him as an aspiring performer.

He is going to draw on the three years he spent in Los Angeles studying method acting and his time at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts.

Paul said: "It has involved thinking back to when I was taught and remembering the best ways of improving.

"But also you have to wait and see what will happen on the day.

"Everyone will have different strengths and weaknesses, so it’s going to involve accommodating all those things.

"I hope that I can build people’s confidence.

"It’s about me giving back and about doing something that helps me pass on my knowledge to other people."

In future, the sessions are likely to have three separate age groups – 6- to 9-year-olds, 10- to 14-year-olds and 15-plus.

However, the first sessions are set to be mixed as the numbers increase.

For more information, call Paul on 07768 697307 or email paul.danan@hotmail.co.uk.

Paul is set to make his return to the small screen in the five-episode ITV crime drama Crime Stories, which runs in November.

He said: "It's something I was waiting for and looking forward to.

"I play a bit of a bad boy and really enjoyed doing it.

"Hopefully this can be the springboard for more success."
http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/H ... 102012.htm

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - THE NEWSROOM