Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - THE NEWSROOM

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:22 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/h ... plans.html

You've probably been asked this a million times, but why did you decide to leave Hollyoaks at this point?
"For me, it was an evolutionary step. When I leave this world, I want to leave behind a box set of different characters. As an actor, you want to make a mark that you can be proud of, that your kids can be proud of, and so on. You want to make a difference. I know that sounds gratuitous and I really don't mean it to be - it's just that I really love acting and I love that side of it.

"When I was a kid, I watched Rocky with Sylvester Stallone. I was on my own in the TV room and that's when I fell in love with acting. I fell in love with the whole process and I fell in love with movie-making. Since that moment, I've always wanted to be the hero, although I always get cast as the bad guy because of my face!

"I think Brendan is a bit of an anti-hero, so with him, I've been half-way there. But now I want to play different characters and if one thing that I do makes someone feel like I did when I watched Rocky that day, then it's worth it.

"I also think I did what I needed to do at Hollyoaks. I've been Brendan Brady for two and a half years, which is a long time. I've been him more than I've been me. I think it was just the right time to explore some new avenues, as I love to take risks. It was a risk to do Charlie Casanova, it was a risk to do Hollyoaks, and it was a risk to leave. But that's the turn-on for me."

Are you still in talks to do another drama with Hollyoaks' production company Lime Pictures?
"I've been very fortunate as I've been offered a couple of things, but I'm in absolutely no rush to get back into work at the moment. Having said that, if the right part came along, of course I'd do it. Lime have approached me to lead a new series, which is beautiful. How flattering is that - that once you're leaving, your employers offer you another show and want to know what you think.

"Before I left to go to LA, I was given a book to read on the plane over, as it's the idea they want to develop into a series. I hopped onto the plane and I finished the book in 11 hours. It was great, it was dark, it was gritty. I think it has good potential but it's in its infancy stage, so we'll have to wait and see what happens."

Can't wait to see what he does next, I'm all for waiting for the right role just aslong as the wait isn't too long! Lol.

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - THE NEWSROOM