Denise Van Outen, Siobhan Dillon and Carley Stenson are to join Sheridan
Smith, who has recently extended her run as Elle Woods, Alex Gaumond, Aoife
Mulholland and Peter Davison in the West End hit Legally
Blonde The Musical!!

http://www.facebook.com/legallyblondeth ... 1991150030

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:10 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Legally Blonde The Musical marks Stenson’s West End debut. The actress, who played Steph on Hollyoaks for more than a decade, has previously appeared outside London in productions of Grease, The Boyfriend and Oliver!.

She will no doubt be amazing roll on 25 October 2010. She is playing Margot it seems. Thats quite a big starting point for her :mrblue:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:01 pm 
Guilty but insane
Guilty but insane

I can't wait. Will defo go and see her when she plays Elle :cheer:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:57 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Carley goes from blonde to ‘Legally Blonde’ star!
HOLLYOAKS star Carley Stenson is going ‘Legally Blonde’!

The 27-year-old, from Billinge, will play Margot, best friend of lead girl Elle, played by Sheridan Smith, in the comedy musical about a woman who trains to be a lawyer after her boyfriend dumps her.

Carley is also Sheridan’s understudy, meaning she will assume the lead role – made famous by Reece Witherspoon in the movie version – if former Two Pints of Lager star Sheridan is ill.

She will begin rehearsals at the end of September – four days after she finishes filming Hollyoaks and the show begins at the end of October.

But soap fans will still be able to see her character Steph Cunningham until the end of the year.

Carley said: “My agent sent me for an audition and eight auditions later they offered me a part. It was quite tough, but it was worth it. I have known for a while I had the part, but have not been able to say anything.

“I was a ridiculously excited for weeks, but now I have to be serious about it and find somewhere to live.

“I would have loved to have stayed at home in Billinge, but I have eight shows a week, with one day off. It is an adventure and I am excited about it.”

Carley will be bound to the show for three years and would like to pursue more musical parts in the future.

She said: “I’m sure opportunities are open for things in between but the show will be very consuming and it can be very tiring. I will have to get used to doing different hours, as this will be more energetic.

“I would like to get a good few productions under my belt before I settle down for a family life.

“I am hopeful I can push myself and show what I can do and that this will lead me on to different roles.

“I have always wanted to do musical theatre and have been working on it for 10 years, having lessons. I started auditions for Legally Blonde in May and Hollyoaks bosses were very good with me.

“It was a coincidence I walked out of one job and into the next one.”

Despite going to live in London, Carley said she hopes to return to Billinge at least every other week.

http://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/news/ ... _1_1508261

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » ACTORS & ACTRESSES