Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:27 pm 
Attacked
Attacked

She has been axed am quite surprised I thought she would be safe

Post subject: Re: Cindy
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:29 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

HUGE MISTAKE from Hollyoaks. :bleep: :brickwall2: :bleep: :brickwall2: :bleep: :fight:

Steph is not someone you axe, if she wanted to leave then that is fine but she is the future of the show and has so much history. Plus she is one of the best actresses on the show.

Love Cindy Cunningham she has had so many great storylines over the years and HO won't be the same without her. I am hoping it is just a short term thing and they wise up and realise their mistake and bring her back.

In terms of an exit I don't really want to even think about it, but she must get an on screen exit. They need to show her respect having a time jump would anger so many fans. :no:

Steph Waring is a fantastic actress and I really hope she is ok. Not sure if she reads any forums etc but We love you Steph :heart: :cheer:

Going to find it really hard watching some rubbish characters on screen and not having her in Hollyoaks Village. :cry:

Hmm thinking maybe go see Holly or Jude for a bit? That way she can return in 6 months when Hollyoaks realise they have made a massive mistake! :soapbox:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:41 am 
Attacked
Attacked

It's kinda ironic cause when the last cast cull happened she said she was worried about her job now she has been axed doesn't make sense really there's loads of characters I would axe before her

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:36 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I wonder if they will bring her back for Hollyoaks 30th birthday or something. That is the hope I hold on to.

If you axe the likes of Sharon it is one thing but to axe a LEGEND in this way is awful. Cindy was an essential part of the Hollyoaks set up. Cindy's character has left before and come back so I really hope this is the thinking behind it.

Axing Cindy has also shown a disrespect to long term fans, you do not axe your most popular characters/actresses! Steph Waring has a huge fan base and some of which will stop watching after she leaves.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:07 am 
Attacked
Attacked

I would have axed Ste,Mercedes,Sienna,Maxine,Peri,Goldie and Theresa before her

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:21 am 
Regular
Regular

I am guttted about Steph being axed, to be so cruel and ruthless after 28 years of service as the awesome Cindy. She will definitely leave a hole in the show, this is a slap in her face and her fans faces when crap characters like Ste, Sienna, Maxine, Leela, Peri and others will be safe, I just can't believe the producers doing this after the legacy she has on the show, as Hollyoaks Fan said maybe they'll bring her back one day. I thought the saddest thing was how upset Steph was, she has the right to be after that treatment, I hope she gives HO the finger and gets a big role in something else, she's a great actor and could bring a lot to another show (or soap)

I thought Cindy was safe, at this rate NO ONE (besides Tony) is safe, makes me fear for the likes of Darren, Nancy, Tom, Jack etc

F**k Hollyoaks for this #justiceforsteph, shame we can't start a petition

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:15 pm 
Attacked
Attacked

Does seem to send a message no one is safe I feel for Steph I would have axed loads of deadwood characters before her

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:07 pm 
A Star Pupil
A Star Pupil

This is a terrible choice by bosses Cindy is a legendary character and Steph plays her great only got better looking as the years passed to. Makes me wonder if Tom is next an it's the end of the Richardsons/Cunninghams.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:14 pm 
Attacked
Attacked

I hope not Tom is a legend he has been a dick recently though

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:00 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I guess we shall see the full fallout once the rest are announced. I would like to see a press release saying who the rest are.

I would also like to hear from Hannah Cheers and have her (attempt to!) explain her decision on Steph/Cindy. Then see if her reasoning lines up with the others who have been axed we don't know of yet.

I don't understand how on earth you can look at the cast Hollyoaks have and then add Steph into the mix of the 20. It makes zero sense.

I know they want new younger fans and are looking for new viewers but don't piss off the people who have watched the show since day 1 in the process.

Steph has been really dignified in her post and I hope TPTB are seeing this and correct their mistake sooner rather than later. Bring Steph back for the shows 30th birthday!! I value her honesty in the post and all us as fans know she wouldn't want to leave.

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT