Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:33 am 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

How about sexual harassment in the workplace? It could be a female coworker/male boss or male co worker/female boss or both parties involved could be same gender. I also had a stalker/kind of fatal attraction-esque story but I'm sure those kinds of things happen in soaps all the time.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:56 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Think the DID one was from Kazine. All of the others have been added to the opening thread.

OCD Storyline - Really miss Annalise, she had more to offer with that SL I think. Who would an OCD one suit now? I thought Maxine as she use to line up all the tins facing the right way for Patrick etc.

Aids - Mal was the last and that was handled well.

Sexual harassment in work - Don't think thats been done since Tina and whoever the guy was.

Not sure if anyone watches Home & away but they are currently doing a cult storyline/forced marriage SL at the moment which is interesting as both are linked.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:54 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I was glad to see Annalise go. She was just kind of boring and was never in any stories I was that interested in. I overall was glad to see all the Freshers disapear from that class.
I'm pretty sure Maxine just lined the tins up for Patrick's sake.
Mal's story was good, and it would be shocking for an established character to test positive for HIV. Not sure who I'd pick. It could happen to anyone. For some reason I think Phoebe would be good in a story like that, she could've got it when she was raped when she was homeless. She'd rock a powerful heartbreaking story like that, but I'd want her to live with HIV, not be a story about her dying.
And welcome new people here! I'm in America and have watched all the eps and edits I can find online. I'm only just now in July 2013 but I'm binge watching as fast as I can!

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:28 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

gellerbing wrote:
ah right thanks, so schizophrenia
haven't had that storyline since newt so would be good to bring it up again, i think sienna would do it well, would fit in with her already craziness

Sorry but no! Schizophrenia is something entirely different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

I did often think that Sienna has a dissociative disorder.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:30 pm 
Shoplifter
Shoplifter

I think Aids has already been done, and a couple of others on there.
I heard they're going to do a bipolar storyline? I think that would be interesting.
DID would also be brilliant but it would take a lot to accurately put together.
Another good storyline would be a personality disorder such as borderline personality disorder or avoidance personality disorder (There's many!).

Also. have they done a self harm SL do you know? If not that would be good.

They often tackle mental health problems and really taboo subjects that many don't like to talk about. I think this is why Hollyoaks is starting to win many awards and that makes me a very happy allie ;).

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:35 pm 
Crime unsolved - sacked!
Crime unsolved - sacked!

they are in the middle of a bipolar storyline now with cindy except she hasn't been diagnosed yet.
they did in-cooperate self harm into the jasmine/jason storyline which was well done, thing is though with them censoring a lot of things now it might be impossible to do that storyline again

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:30 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

We have single punch to the head SL but I would like to see a Coward Punch sl aswell, doing one in neighbours at the moment.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:22 pm 
Shop Manager
Shop Manager

How about a family, parents are happily married, they have two children together and no secret children whatsoever. The children, both late teens, one boy one gurl. Both completely normal, infact nobody in the family has any dark secrets of any sort, they all just live happy normal lives..if any soap can tackle such a groundbreaking SL, it's hollyoaks...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:34 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Yeah they could even go quite tragic one week and have a character get a papercut,...imagine all the blood it would be touch & go for a while....lol.

Seriously though I would like to see a happy wedding for one and some true love.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:44 pm 
Shop Manager
Shop Manager

Exactly, obviously it will be made clear from the start, the paper in question is a nice normal bit of A4, this has the potential to be as big as Mira and Lambchop was a few years back.lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT