Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:52 am 
Guilty but insane
Guilty but insane

PumpkinSteve wrote:
I absolutely hated Brendan when he first joined Hollyoaks but the whole gay storyline has really turned him around for me, at first I thought he was just going to be the stereotypical gangster like Danny Houston but as I watched I realised Brendan has a lot of depth to him. He is my favourite character now :grin:

Mine too. He really is such a interesting character, with so much depth its untrue! I can't wait to find out whats gonna happen to him!

I think hiring Emmett to play Brendan really is one of the best things Hollyoaks have ever done!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:39 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I think Brendan is a really complex character so exploring why he is the way he is will be good. I also wonder what will happen to him once everyone knows he is gay as he struggles with that it seems. I presume everyone would be cool with it but part of his characters likeability is the secrets he hides I reckon.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Anyone else notice that his top lip never moves when he talks?

Soph xxx

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:33 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I can't say I have, but now you mentioned it I will look out for it.
Love this cartoony pic from insidesoap

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:12 am 
Arrived Safely
Arrived Safely

Here in America, we don't think he is acting at all, emmett j. scanlan, in our opinion, he is gay or bisexual in real life, how can u kiss another guy unless you bring that up from deep inside and relate to past experiences? I am an actor too, no, my opinion Emmett and Kieron not acting at all, those kisses are too intense ...he doesn't kiss Claire like that from what i see of them on the beach. heard he is broken up with claire, so sad, truly. How do I rate him as an actor when not with kieron/ste: he is truly a great, great actor.....he has banned a friend of mine for bringing this up what I have..i love him as a person and actor, but
u can't fool us Americans, not judging him, no, not at all, just our opinion here on the other side of the pond. he is genius when he is acting...pure genius.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:16 am 
Arrived Safely
Arrived Safely

Here in America, we don't think he is acting at all, emmett j. scanlan, in our opinion, he is gay or bisexual in real life, how can u kiss another guy unless you bring that up from deep inside and relate to past experiences? I am an actor too, no, my opinion Emmett and Kieron not acting at all, those kisses are too intense ...he doesn't kiss Claire like that from what i see of them on the beach. heard he is broken up with claire, so sad, truly. How do I rate him as an actor when not with kieron/ste: he is truly a great, great actor.....he has banned a friend of mine for bringing this up what I have..i love him as a person and actor, but
u can't fool us Americans, not judging him, no, not at all, just our opinion here on the other side of the pond. he is genius when he is acting...pure genius.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:24 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I think he is a great talented actor that can do anything from comedy to the serious stuff. At the end of the day the kissing scenes are just a job and I think thats how all professional actors and actresses see it no matter if they are kissing the same or different sex.

I can understand why people think he is gay/bi and funnily enough when you type his name into google the words "fans, twitter and gay" come up.

Out of curiosity have you seen him in anything other than him in hollyoaks?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:32 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Ok, bringing this old topic back up.
Love Brendan, love Emmett.
I have never heard anything about Emmett being gay in real life. Did he and Claire break up? I wondered if they had, since I heard that Emmett was roomates with Hollyoak's Dennis in real life.
I think Emmmet is an amazing actor, he brings such an incredible amount of passion and menace, depth and subtext to the role of Brendan.
I don't think that just because an actor is great at playing a gay romance, complete with kissing means that he's gay, or bi. It's acting, and gay actors play convincing straight romances all the time.
I am an American, and we don't all think an actor is gay just because he plays a convincing gay character.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:53 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I think they are still an item but like to keep things personal these days. Huge fan of Emmett and Pancake. Did you see him in The Fall or just Hollyoaks?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I haven't seen The Fall. I looked it up and was shocked that "Cheryl" is in The Fall with
Emmett Scanlan. That would be strange - but neat! - to see them in a different show.
I'm still watching Nov 2012, so I haven't gotten to their exits yet. Watching 2013 episodes is going to be pretty dramatic, so many favorite characters leave!
I'm trying to catch up, in part to do better at staying spoiler free. I only recently saw the Tony/Cindy and Ste/Doug double wedding, and I had no clue what was going to happen. It was amazing!
I know how Brendan leaves, but I don't know how Cheryl leaves, so there is some surprises for me.
I hope Brendan returns someday. (And Myra, Jacqui, Cheryl...)

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS